STORING YOUR NIRVANA WATER HEATER DURING YOUR SWIMMING POOL CLOSING
How to winterize your water heater when closing your swimming pool?
Whether you’re closing an above-ground or an in-ground swimming pool, there are several steps you need to follow to store your Nirvana water heater. Here are the manufacturer’s recommendations:
- Disconnect the circuit breaker from the device.
- Drain water from the unit before the first frost. Remove all power connections and backflow. (It is very important the water heater is completely disconnected from the swimming pool (bypass valve or other) to allow complete drainage of the heater.)
- Rinse the inside of the heat exchange chamber engine with a hose for about 15 minutes in order to prevent the chlorine to bond to the heat exchanger and cause premature wear of the heater. Tilt the heater to the rear to push out any excess water and block the entrance or exit of water.
- Block the inlets and outlets to prevent the intrusion of animals or other critters, using a cloth or plastic caps or grey tape.
- For additional protection, put a winter cover on your Nirvana water heater. The cover is sold on POSEIDON online shop at www.psposeidon.com/articles-piscine-spa/?category=22.
Please note: When you tilt the water heater, do not tilt it more than 30-35 degrees and always carry it vertically.
These steps ensure the life span of your heater and the continuity of the compliance of the warranty.
Always trust POSEIDON to service you!