Multicyclone 70XL Centrifugal Filter
The MultiCyclone 70XL works on the basis of centrifugal water filtration, and there are no moving parts to wear and tear, and no filter media to clean or replace.
Incoming water is guided by a diverter plate so that it enters multiple hydro cyclones tangentially, generating a strong centrifugal effect. This spins the sediment out to the hydro cyclone’s wall and then spirals it down to the sediment chamber, while the cleansed water spirals upwards.
The MultiCyclone pre-filters up to 80 per cent of the filter’s incoming dirt load prior to the main filter. This reduces the load on the filter, thus reducing the frequency of filter maintenance by up to 80 per cent and saving backwash water. And as the MultiCyclone intercepts more and more sediment, the flow rate remains unchanged, improving pool water circulation.
The accumulation of sediment can be visibly monitored through the MultiCyclone 70XL’s clear sight glass. And the MultiCyclone 70XL is cleaned by simply opening the purge valve.
- The MultiCyclone 70XL is the first of the MultiCyclone suite of products designed specifically for both new and existing commercial installations
- Incoming water is guided by a diverter plate so that it enters 70 hydro cyclones that spin the sediment out to the hydro cyclone’s wall. It then spirals it down to the sediment chamber, while the cleansed water spirals upwards and out
- It’s cleaned by simply opening the purge valve. There is no filter media to clean or replace and no moving parts that cause wear and tear
- 4” / 100mm Inlet and outlet ports
- It’s designed to handle more than three times the amount of water per minute of the domestic MultiCyclone, and can handle up to 90 cubic meters per hour
- Clear sight glass enables the accumulation of sediment to be visibly monitored.