Aquamite Pump - Waterco
Waterco Aquamite 1 HP Pool Pump is perfect pump for swimming pools and small recirculation systems including ponds and small water features.
Efficient Impeller and Diffuser Design
The pump’s impeller and diffuser design maximizes the hydraulic output of the pump while minimizing turbulence. The pump’s efficient hydraulic performance shortens run times and reduces energy consumption leading to lower operating costs.
The pump body is manufactured utilising state of the art engineering plastic moulding with a single piece strainer pot and volute for extra strength. A high grade 316 stainless steel mechanical seal is incorporated for extra protection against corrosion. e.g. from chlorinated water, ozone, iodine, Baquacil, bromine and salt water.
- Clear basket lid.
- Quick connect barrel unions for UPVC pipe.
- High grade carbon/graphite mechanical seal with 316 stainless steel spring assembly.
- High performance motor:
- Fan cooled
- Thermal overload protectio
- Stable support base.
- Secondary Seal For extra protection of the pump motor.
- Secondary seal drain pipe.
- Hydraulically efficient impeller and diffuser design.
- Drain plugs.
- Strong single piece glass filled thermoplastic pump body.
- Strainer basket capture debris and protects the pumps impeller.
Situated between the pump wet end & the pump motor, a mechanical seal forms a seal around the motor shaft to prevent water from running out along the shaft of a motor. The mechanical seal is the wearing part of any pool pump.
A mechanical seal may leak water if the pump is ever run dry or simply be worn out. If a leaky mechanical seal is not replaced promptly, water will travel up the shaft of the motor and ruin the motor in a very short period of time.
Waterco’s Secondary Seal protects the pump motor’s end shield from any water contact, by capturing any leaks through a worn out mechanical seal and draining it out of the pump.