Pools and Spas POSEIDON, to know everything about pool closing!
How to winterize a pool salt system at the closing of the pool?
To preserve the life of the cell generating chlorine and proper functioning of salt, it is recommended to follow these steps during the pool closing.
- Unscrew the cell to make it exit the filtration system
- Clean the cell using a hose
- Put the cell on a pedestal to soak the cell (as needed)
- Pour salt cleaning liquid cell in the cell (Lectra Clean Gotar or CellCleaner or (house blend of 30% muriatic acid with 70% water) and Salt Cell Cleaner)
- Wait until the product no longer makes any bubble
- Safely dispose of liquid
- Rince the cell
- Store the salt cell and panel inside the house or in a cool, dry place (if possible)
- If the cell is on the outside, and storing the cell insert a hose to fill the space of the salt system
- If the panel is on the outside and can not be removed, cover the panel with a plastic bag
- Add to the pool an anti-minerals or anti-metals product (Control Cop or Metal Free)
- Store the salt in a dry and cool place
This process is good for all salt systems on the market Aquarite Hayward, Aquatrol Hayward, Goldline, Prologic, Zodiac Clearwater, Lectranator of Cubby, Aquapure Jandy, Sta-Rite Intellichlor
A closing of the salt system for the pool will allow you to extend the life of the cell and preserve the functional system year after year.